Rationalthinking101.com is my blog and whenever I post to it, like now, it’s setup to share my post both on Twitter and Facebook.
Since I live in Texas, I’m in the Trump Bible Belt. I’ve got friends here and I work for the state, but in a recent survey I discovered most of my Texan friends don’t believe in rational science and definitely support Trump. They believe Earth was created 6,000 years ago (even though many Christians believe otherwise) and that Trump is the best president ever (mind boggling to me – don’t they keep up?).
These views make their way to RationalThinking101.com and as a result trickle to Facebook and Twitter. Once in awhile (not every day, mind you), I get a notification that some person I worked with for years and years has unfriended me.
How can that be? I accepted them as my friend and coworker, can they not do the same?
Of course, I’ve got many Texan friends on Facebook and 99.99% of them remain my friends, the occasional dropout makes me sad.
Here are a few of my views. If you don’t like ’em, get rid of me, but I still like you as a person.
- Earth is over 4 billion years old.
- Trump is a bad president.
- I was born in Boonton, New Jersey. I’m a democrat.
- We went to the moon.
- The Earth is not flat.
- Global warming is real. The main contributor is the State of Texas. Look it up.
- I get along with pretty much everybody even if politically I bite my lip. (I was afraid, during the last election, to put posters in my yard. I feared for my family and my home.)
- I own guns with real bullets. When I was a kid I owned a BB gun.
- I don’t eat meat. I’ve been a vegetarian for over 44 years.
- I don’t care if you’re gay, lesbian, bi, straight, black, green, yellow, white or from another planet.
There ya go.