I’ve been to 37 countries, 49 U.S. States and most of Canada.
A lot of the places I’ve been have been transitory. Some of them have been semi-permanent. I can tell when I live in a semi-permanent place when:
- I get my mail there.
- I pull up weeds and get my fingernails dirty.
- I plant stuff and it grows.
- Sometimes, but not always, I get a paycheck from there.
- My phone number is the same area code.
- I’m with a woman.
- I have a motorcycle that I drive around and come back to.
- My bills are mailed there.
That’s how I know. BTW, I’m in a semi-permanent place. After this I think I’ll move to an oceanless state called Missouri.