SARS stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome. In 2003, an outbreak of SARS started in China and spread to other countries before ending in 2004. The virus that causes COVID-19 is similar to the one that caused the 2003 SARS outbreak: both are types of coronaviruses. Much is still unknown, but COVID-19 seems to spread faster than the 2003 SARS and also may cause less severe illness.
- Have astronauts really been to outer space or are they simply faking it?
- How do I communicate with extraterrestrial life from another solar system with laser beams to send them a message?
- Why did the Russians use their probe immediately on Venus, but NASA waits days to use ingenuity on Mars?
- Are we alone? Are there humans out there besides us?
- Is space junk a serious problem?